2 dead in wrong way I-30 crash in Fort Worth
FORT WORTH, TX -- Two people have been killed and an interstate highway in Fort Worth was closed after a driver going the wrong way on the freeway collided with another vehicle.
Fort Worth police say drivers had called 911 after seeing a car on the wrong side of Interstate 30 early Monday. One motorist estimated the black sedan was moving at 100 mph. The speeding car eventually slammed into a two-door coupe.
The drivers of both were killed.
Authorities haven't immediately identified the victims. The medical examiner's office also will be looking at whether medical issues contributed to the crash.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County 23 min ago
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon 8 min ago
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home 50 min ago
- Mystery of the missing mink
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Police: Man fatally shoots wife in southwest Houston 3 min ago
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park 38 min ago
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation 26 min ago
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- METRO offering new way to get around town
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos
- Video: Surprise wedding shower for cancer survivor... 22 min ago
- Surprise wedding shower for cancer survivor...
22 min ago
- Take a trip to Santa's Town
17 min ago