Shooting suspect killed by Fort Worth police
FORT WORTH, TX -- Fort Worth police say they shot and killed a man after he drove his vehicle at him.
A department news release Sunday said the incident occurred late Saturday as police investigated an earlier shooting. The driver, a 22-year-old man, died at the scene.
Police say the driver was a suspect in the earlier shooting.
According to the news release, the vehicle was approached because officers believed it matched one involved in that shooting. Shots were fired because officers feared for their safety and believed one had been struck by the vehicle, the news release said.
The officers have been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood 57 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow 48 min ago
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter... 36 min ago
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad 24 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
36 min ago