Shooting suspect killed by Fort Worth police
FORT WORTH, TX -- Fort Worth police say they shot and killed a man after he drove his vehicle at him.
A department news release Sunday said the incident occurred late Saturday as police investigated an earlier shooting. The driver, a 22-year-old man, died at the scene.
Police say the driver was a suspect in the earlier shooting.
According to the news release, the vehicle was approached because officers believed it matched one involved in that shooting. Shots were fired because officers feared for their safety and believed one had been struck by the vehicle, the news release said.
The officers have been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Detectives: Road rage leads to fatal shooting
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Scattered storms possible in our area this weekend
- Video shows person of interest in Cy-Fair area arson 28 min ago
- Person found shot, killed in SW Houston parking lot
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend
- Man accused of shooting girlfriend's relatives in SE Houston
- Houston city pools open for the summer
- City Elections in Houston: The Disappearing Urban Voters
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Chinese dog skateboars, rides toy cars
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos