Shooting suspect killed by Fort Worth police
FORT WORTH, TX -- Fort Worth police say they shot and killed a man after he drove his vehicle at him.
A department news release Sunday said the incident occurred late Saturday as police investigated an earlier shooting. The driver, a 22-year-old man, died at the scene.
Police say the driver was a suspect in the earlier shooting.
According to the news release, the vehicle was approached because officers believed it matched one involved in that shooting. Shots were fired because officers feared for their safety and believed one had been struck by the vehicle, the news release said.
The officers have been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known 18 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Man tries to trade gator for beer
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas
- Guide dog saves blind man who fell on subway tracks
- Feds: Harvard bomb threat was hoax to avoid final