Shooting suspect killed by Fort Worth police
FORT WORTH, TX -- Fort Worth police say they shot and killed a man after he drove his vehicle at him.
A department news release Sunday said the incident occurred late Saturday as police investigated an earlier shooting. The driver, a 22-year-old man, died at the scene.
Police say the driver was a suspect in the earlier shooting.
According to the news release, the vehicle was approached because officers believed it matched one involved in that shooting. Shots were fired because officers feared for their safety and believed one had been struck by the vehicle, the news release said.
The officers have been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church 28 min ago
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
- 5 plead guilty after immigrant stash house discovery
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos