Mom, 3 children die in South Texas SUV wreck
GEORGE WEST, TX -- Investigators say a woman and her three children have died after their SUV hit a tree and burst into flames in a South Texas wreck.
The Department of Public Safety says the victims were dead at the scene Sunday morning in the accident about 12 miles northeast of George West. DPS says the woman's husband survived but suffered a broken left arm and left leg.
Officials say 22-year-old Joannie Lopez of George West was driving when the SUV went off U.S. 59. The accident also killed 2-year-olds Christopher and Alonzo Lopez, plus 3-year-old Andrew Lopez Jr.
Investigators say the woman was the only person wearing a seat belt and driver fatigue may have contributed to the accident.
George West is 60 miles northwest of Corpus Christi.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 31 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?' 48 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss 56 min ago
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 39 min ago
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug 5 min ago
- First the wind, then the cold 35 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Spruce up your furniture for spring
50 min ago
- Fix the most common mistakes made at the gym
57 min ago