Mom, 3 children die in South Texas SUV wreck
GEORGE WEST, TX -- Investigators say a woman and her three children have died after their SUV hit a tree and burst into flames in a South Texas wreck.
The Department of Public Safety says the victims were dead at the scene Sunday morning in the accident about 12 miles northeast of George West. DPS says the woman's husband survived but suffered a broken left arm and left leg.
Officials say 22-year-old Joannie Lopez of George West was driving when the SUV went off U.S. 59. The accident also killed 2-year-olds Christopher and Alonzo Lopez, plus 3-year-old Andrew Lopez Jr.
Investigators say the woman was the only person wearing a seat belt and driver fatigue may have contributed to the accident.
George West is 60 miles northwest of Corpus Christi.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County 27 min ago
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon 12 min ago
- Man says found treasure should be his 3 min ago
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home 54 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Police: Man fatally shoots wife in southwest Houston 7 min ago
- Mystery of the missing mink
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park 42 min ago
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation 30 min ago
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- METRO offering new way to get around town
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos
- Surprise wedding shower for cancer survivor...
26 min ago
- Take a trip to Santa's Town
21 min ago