Marine makes surprise visit to Corpus Christi benefactor
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX -- A South Texas Marine has made a surprise thank-you visit to a produce company owner who sent care packages to him and his fellow troops overseas.
Sgt. Ricky Hernandez wore his dress blues Saturday to meet Margaret Jataine, who owns Corpus Christi Produce Co. Inc.
The Corpus Christi Caller-Times reports Jataine sent the tank crew commander and his team about 20 boxes of food and other comfort items.
She first saw a photo of the Marine serving in Afghanistan on Facebook. Jataine connected with the Marine's mother-in-law -- a vegetable supply woman from nearby Floresville.
Henandez has served two tours in Iraq and returned last month from Afghanistan. He's stationed at Camp Lejeune, N.C., and was visiting at home before heading to master gunner school.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home 33 min ago
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy 43 min ago
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo 15 min ago
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait 57 min ago
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death
- Valuable artifacts stolen from historic home 11 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos