Woman dead, man wounded in Rockwall shootings
ROCKWALL, TX -- Police have charged a former North Texas law officer with the fatal shooting of his ex-girlfriend and the wounding of her male friend at a parking lot.
Rockwall police Sgt. Aaron McGrew says Anthony Dewayne Lewis was shot during a chase Saturday night following the attack. McGrew says Lewis was in critical condition Sunday at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas.
The former Hunt County constable faces murder and attempted murder charges with bond set at $1.5 million.
A Parkland official referred questions about Lewis to police, who didn't immediately release further details. The Department of Public Safety says Lewis was shot by officers during an exchange of gunfire amid the chase.
Authorities identified the slain woman as 33-year-old Jessica Aguilar. Officials say 40-year-old Francisco Delacruz was hospitalized in stable condition.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Information on price tags decoded 15 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in north Houston
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 25 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse