Texas teacher dead in apparent murder-suicide
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- Investigators say the bodies of a music teacher at a San Antonio-area school and her boyfriend have been found at their home in an apparent murder-suicide.
Counselors were available Wednesday in the Northside Independent School District to help students and staff deal with the slaying of 50-year-old Deanna Tiller.
Tiller's body was located Tuesday morning. A co-worker went to the home when the victim didn't show up at Allen Elementary School as classes resumed following the Presidents Day holiday weekend.
Bexar County Sheriff's spokesman Paul Berry says a man's body was found with a gunshot wound to the head. Investigators believe the boyfriend, whose name wasn't immediately released, killed Tiller and then himself on Saturday. Her cause of death wasn't immediately released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Kubiak era ends in Houston 16 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery on UH campus
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- Photos: Share Your Holidays Food Drive
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!
- 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents
- David Nuno gets reaction from Owen Daniels
14 min ago
- Keenum to start rest of season; UH students...
23 min ago