Texas teacher dead in apparent murder-suicide
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- Investigators say the bodies of a music teacher at a San Antonio-area school and her boyfriend have been found at their home in an apparent murder-suicide.
Counselors were available Wednesday in the Northside Independent School District to help students and staff deal with the slaying of 50-year-old Deanna Tiller.
Tiller's body was located Tuesday morning. A co-worker went to the home when the victim didn't show up at Allen Elementary School as classes resumed following the Presidents Day holiday weekend.
Bexar County Sheriff's spokesman Paul Berry says a man's body was found with a gunshot wound to the head. Investigators believe the boyfriend, whose name wasn't immediately released, killed Tiller and then himself on Saturday. Her cause of death wasn't immediately released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods