Garland boy, 3, dies after being shot at home
GARLAND, TX -- Police say a 3-year-old Dallas-area boy has died after being shot in the head while at his home.
Garland police are investigating circumstances of Wednesday night's shooting while both parents and at least two other children were at the residence. Police say one of the parents called 911.
Officer Joe Harn says police are trying to determine whether the shooting was an accident and if anyone will be charged. Harn says there's no record of previous violence reported at the home.
The name of the boy and further details on the investigation weren't immediately released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 59 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped 54 min ago
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born