East Texas man gets 40 years for drug trafficking
TYLER, TX -- An East Texas man has been sentenced to 40 years in federal prison for weapons and drug trafficking convictions.
Prosecutors in Tyler say 39-year-old Spencer Garod Elam of Longview was sentenced Tuesday. Elam was arrested in May 2011 during an investigation into a drug ring operating in Gregg County.
A jury last October convicted Elam of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute hydrocodone and two counts of possession of a firearm during a drug trafficking crime. He was also convicted of being a felon in possession of a firearm and using communications to facilitate a felony.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Tanker spill cleanup to continue overnight
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Gay pride parade's condom policy draws criticism
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Houston man sentenced for operating bogus ambulance companies
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Diving great Greg Louganis to marry in fall
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: NFL player's home searched after killing
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos