East Texas man gets 40 years for drug trafficking
TYLER, TX -- An East Texas man has been sentenced to 40 years in federal prison for weapons and drug trafficking convictions.
Prosecutors in Tyler say 39-year-old Spencer Garod Elam of Longview was sentenced Tuesday. Elam was arrested in May 2011 during an investigation into a drug ring operating in Gregg County.
A jury last October convicted Elam of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute hydrocodone and two counts of possession of a firearm during a drug trafficking crime. He was also convicted of being a felon in possession of a firearm and using communications to facilitate a felony.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies 26 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 55 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game