Man denied visit drives truck into Texas jail
DENTON, TX -- A North Texas man has joined his son behind bars after smashing his vehicle into the jail when his visitation request was denied.
The Denton County Jail was no longer under lockdown Sunday following the incident that left two inmates with minor injuries. Both were knocked from their beds Saturday afternoon by the impact.
Sheriff Will Travis says the father was "extremely under the influence." The Denton Record-Chronicle reports the pickup truck ended up in the jail's west wing. Damage estimates are pending .
Rolando Hernandez of Lewisville faces two counts of aggravated assault and a criminal mischief count. Online jail records did not list an attorney for Hernandez, whose bond was set at $200,000. He suffered minor injuries in the wreck.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant