Man denied visit drives truck into Texas jail
DENTON, TX -- A North Texas man has joined his son behind bars after smashing his vehicle into the jail when his visitation request was denied.
The Denton County Jail was no longer under lockdown Sunday following the incident that left two inmates with minor injuries. Both were knocked from their beds Saturday afternoon by the impact.
Sheriff Will Travis says the father was "extremely under the influence." The Denton Record-Chronicle reports the pickup truck ended up in the jail's west wing. Damage estimates are pending .
Rolando Hernandez of Lewisville faces two counts of aggravated assault and a criminal mischief count. Online jail records did not list an attorney for Hernandez, whose bond was set at $200,000. He suffered minor injuries in the wreck.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 1 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in 2 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison 35 min ago
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela 59 min ago
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela 59 min ago
- Teen girl charged in fight caught on video 1 min ago
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store
- Testimony continues in baby death trial 50 min ago
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- No charges for FSU QB accused of rape
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Travis Herzog's chilly forecast
26 min ago