Dallas woman, 78, found slain in home
DALLAS, TX -- Dallas police are investigating whether the slaying of a 78-year-old woman whose body was found at her home was a botched burglary
Oak Farms Dairy on Sunday night announced a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and indictment in the killing of Avenell Cowgill.
Police doing a welfare check Saturday at the request of some neighbors discovered Cowgill's body. The house's back door was open.
An autopsy has been ordered. The coroner's office had no additional information for release Monday.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- NASA records powerful explosion on moon
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos