Dallas woman, 78, found slain in home
DALLAS, TX -- Dallas police are investigating whether the slaying of a 78-year-old woman whose body was found at her home was a botched burglary
Oak Farms Dairy on Sunday night announced a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and indictment in the killing of Avenell Cowgill.
Police doing a welfare check Saturday at the request of some neighbors discovered Cowgill's body. The house's back door was open.
An autopsy has been ordered. The coroner's office had no additional information for release Monday.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Rice defeats Marshall in C-USA championship 33 min ago
- 4.5 magnitude earthquake rattles central Oklahoma 36 min ago
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Ice stalls sections of I-35 in North Texas
- US tourist and war vet, 85, free from NKorea 57 min ago
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Photos: North Texas covered in ice and snow
- Cold, damp weather to continue
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats