5 teens killed in West Texas crash
AMARILLO, TX -- A truck driver remains in critical condition with burns over much of his body following a two-vehicle collision in West Texas that triggered a fire and killed five teenagers traveling in a Chevy.
Ezequiel Garcia is in the burn unit of a Lubbock hospital Tuesday, two days after the Chevy ran a stop sign and struck his rig outside Dumas.
Authorities in the Panhandle say 16-year-old Jacob Paul Stipe drove through the stop sign and the vehicle collided with the gas tanker driven by Garcia.
In addition to Stipe, killed in the wreck were 17-year-old Derrek Lee Hager, 17-year-old Christopher Lee Moore, 17-year-old October Dawn Roys, and 15-year-old Elizabeth Kay Roys. All the victims were from the Dumas area.
Dumas is about 45 miles north of Amarillo.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Amber Alert issued for missing 18-month-old child 8 min ago
- Details to be released on plans for 2017 Super Bowl
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Baby found in trash bag can have new parents 48 min ago
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake 59 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in fatal shooting in southeast Houston 41 min ago
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Autopsy ordered on Texas City inmate who died
- IRS official Lois Lerner: 'I did nothing wrong'
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- 1 killed, 3 students hurt in school bus accident in East TX
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos