5 teens killed in West Texas crash
AMARILLO, TX -- A truck driver remains in critical condition with burns over much of his body following a two-vehicle collision in West Texas that triggered a fire and killed five teenagers traveling in a Chevy.
Ezequiel Garcia is in the burn unit of a Lubbock hospital Tuesday, two days after the Chevy ran a stop sign and struck his rig outside Dumas.
Authorities in the Panhandle say 16-year-old Jacob Paul Stipe drove through the stop sign and the vehicle collided with the gas tanker driven by Garcia.
In addition to Stipe, killed in the wreck were 17-year-old Derrek Lee Hager, 17-year-old Christopher Lee Moore, 17-year-old October Dawn Roys, and 15-year-old Elizabeth Kay Roys. All the victims were from the Dumas area.
Dumas is about 45 miles north of Amarillo.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore' 19 min ago
- Detectives: Two shot at home near Pearland 1 min ago
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- ABC13 broacasting Texans vs. Jags game Thursday night 29 min ago
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle
- Ohio murder suspect nabbed at Houston buffet restaurant 15 min ago
- Thief steals man's pants and shoots him 57 min ago
- HISD school principal accused of shoplifting
- Search for Missouri fugitive moves to Houston
- Nude pics on Instagram lead to sex assault suspects
- Police searching for driver who struck, killed bicyclist
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
28 min ago