Dallas jail inmate flees while taking out trash
DALLAS, TX -- An inmate facing burglary charges has escaped from the Dallas County jail while taking out some trash.
Sheriff's officials say 38-year-old Donald Greenlee fled from the Lew Sterrett Justice Center early Wednesday by jumping a fence topped with razor wire.
Records show the inmate from Midlothian was in custody related to burglary charges dating back to 1997. Further details weren't immediately available.
Rainy conditions in the Dallas area early Wednesday prevented deputies searching for Greenlee from using a helicopter.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- No charges for FSU QB accused of rape 8 min ago
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Fast food workers plan to again protest wages
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Ford unveils all-new Mustang
- Video: Beer is for more than just drinking!
- Can you say this tongue twister?