Dallas Jail escapee recaptured day after fleeing
DALLAS, TX -- An escapee from the Dallas County jail has been caught a day after fleeing while taking out some garbage.
The Dallas County Sheriff's Office on Thursday announced the arrest of 38-year-old Donald Greenlee of Midlothian. Further details on the capture weren't immediately released.
Greenlee has been charged with felony escape and returned to the Lew Sterrett Justice Center where he's held on $500,000 bond.
Greenlee, who went over a razor wire-topped fence at the jail early Wednesday, originally was in custody on burglary-related charges. He's held without bond on those counts.
No information was immediately available on an attorney for the inmate.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 39 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida 2 min ago
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to...
- David Tillman's weather forecast
34 min ago