Dallas Jail escapee recaptured day after fleeing
DALLAS, TX -- An escapee from the Dallas County jail has been caught a day after fleeing while taking out some garbage.
The Dallas County Sheriff's Office on Thursday announced the arrest of 38-year-old Donald Greenlee of Midlothian. Further details on the capture weren't immediately released.
Greenlee has been charged with felony escape and returned to the Lew Sterrett Justice Center where he's held on $500,000 bond.
Greenlee, who went over a razor wire-topped fence at the jail early Wednesday, originally was in custody on burglary-related charges. He's held without bond on those counts.
No information was immediately available on an attorney for the inmate.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos