9 people from Amarillo, Texas injured in Kansas Turnpike crash
TOWANDA, KS -- The Kansas Turnpike Authority says nine people from Amarillo, Texas, were injured when the passenger van they were in crashed on the Kansas Turnpike.
Two of the people hurt in the accident Sunday near the Towanda Service area are reported in in critical condition.
The authority says the van carried four men, four women and a 2-month-old girl when it went out of control and overturned after one of the tires lost its tread and the driver slammed on the brakes.
The authority says eight people were taken to Wichita hospitals and another drove to the hospital.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women 1 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- HISD to decide fate of 2 schools at risk of closure 7 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom 14 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co. 32 min ago
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Cops: 2 OD on heroin as kids play at McDonald's
- Mandalay Bay agrees to $500K fine in drug sting
- Pap smears could be thing of the past