9 people from Amarillo, Texas injured in Kansas Turnpike crash
TOWANDA, KS -- The Kansas Turnpike Authority says nine people from Amarillo, Texas, were injured when the passenger van they were in crashed on the Kansas Turnpike.
Two of the people hurt in the accident Sunday near the Towanda Service area are reported in in critical condition.
The authority says the van carried four men, four women and a 2-month-old girl when it went out of control and overturned after one of the tires lost its tread and the driver slammed on the brakes.
The authority says eight people were taken to Wichita hospitals and another drove to the hospital.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston 18 min ago
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls 55 min ago
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight 29 min ago
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- John Paul's legacy stained by sex abuse scandal
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
54 min ago