Pope tweets prayers for Texas explosion victims
VATICAN CITY -- The pope is using his Twitter account to ask followers to pray for victims of a fatal fertilizer plant explosion in a small Texas town.
In a message posted Thursday morning, Pope Francis said: "Please join me in praying for the victims of the explosion in Texas and their families."
The newly installed pontiff's Twitter page shows he's posted 18 tweets in the past month.
Authorities say a massive fire and explosion at a downtown fertilizer plant in West killed as many as 15 people Wednesday evening and injured more than 160 others. Several firefighters are still missing.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
texas, Texas explosion, state
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire 40 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin 8 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- Trooper's wife killed when his gun accidentally discharged
- Toddler uses Facetime to get help for mom
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Ukraine PM: Won't give up 'single centimeter'
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver