Willie Nelson sends prayer tweet after West, Texas explosion
WEST, TX -- Country music legend Willie Nelson is sending out his prayers via Twitter after a deadly fertilizer plant explosion rocked West, Texas, a small community north of Waco near where he grew up.
"West has been in my backyard all my life," Nelson tweeted early Thursday. "My heart is praying for the community that we call home."
When not on the road touring, Nelson has lived in Austin, Texas, since 1971. But he was born and grew up 120 miles north of the state capital, in tiny Abbott, which is about five miles north of West.
The explosion Wednesday at West Fertilizer injured dozens of people and officials say there were fatalities.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Texans fire head coach Gary Kubiak 6 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery on UH campus 5 min ago
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas 20 min ago
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- 5 Things to Know for Today 9 min ago
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!
- 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
- Move over emerald, a new color will take over next year