Two of Texas' most wanted fugitives arrested
AUSTIN, TX (KTRK) -- The list of the most wanted fugitives in Texas is a little shorter now, following the arrests of two men last week.
Charles Edward Robertson-Davis, 22, was arrested Wednesday in Austin. Gwen Komahcheet, 62, was arrested Thursday in Mexico.
According to the Department of Public Safety, Robertson-Davis, a Bloods gang member, was arrested Wednesday after investigative leads and surveillance video led authorities to an Austin home, where he was arrested without incident. He was wanted for parole violation and obstructing police/evading arrest.
The next day, Komahcheet was detained by Mexican authorities in Piedras Negras, Coahuila, Mexico. On Friday, he was turned over to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection in Eagle Pass, Texas, and then arrested by the U.S. Marshals Service Lone Star Fugitive Task Force.
According to DPS, Komahcheet had a violent criminal history that included sexual assault. He had been wanted since 2006 for parole violation and failure to register as a sex offender. His capture was the result of a tip, and a reward up to $7,500 will be paid.
If you know the whereabouts of any of the others on the state's list of most wanted fugitives, you can provide tips in a variety of ways. You can call the Crime Stoppers tip line at 800-252-TIPS (8477). Or you can text the letters DPS followed by your tip to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone. You can also submit a web tip through the DPS website or on Facebook.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends 40 min ago
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 200lb generator stolen from man's driveway 7 min ago
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak 26 min ago
- Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel named Heisman finalist
- Dad guilty of murder in daughter's death
- Toilet of the future changes how you ... sit
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Miley Cyrus is MTV's artist of the year 26 min ago
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
53 min ago