Two of Texas' most wanted fugitives arrested
AUSTIN, TX (KTRK) -- The list of the most wanted fugitives in Texas is a little shorter now, following the arrests of two men last week.
Charles Edward Robertson-Davis, 22, was arrested Wednesday in Austin. Gwen Komahcheet, 62, was arrested Thursday in Mexico.
According to the Department of Public Safety, Robertson-Davis, a Bloods gang member, was arrested Wednesday after investigative leads and surveillance video led authorities to an Austin home, where he was arrested without incident. He was wanted for parole violation and obstructing police/evading arrest.
The next day, Komahcheet was detained by Mexican authorities in Piedras Negras, Coahuila, Mexico. On Friday, he was turned over to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection in Eagle Pass, Texas, and then arrested by the U.S. Marshals Service Lone Star Fugitive Task Force.
According to DPS, Komahcheet had a violent criminal history that included sexual assault. He had been wanted since 2006 for parole violation and failure to register as a sex offender. His capture was the result of a tip, and a reward up to $7,500 will be paid.
If you know the whereabouts of any of the others on the state's list of most wanted fugitives, you can provide tips in a variety of ways. You can call the Crime Stoppers tip line at 800-252-TIPS (8477). Or you can text the letters DPS followed by your tip to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone. You can also submit a web tip through the DPS website or on Facebook.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette' 23 min ago
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 21 min ago
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 7 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie