Fired teacher accused of having sex with student
DALLAS, TX -- A former Dallas middle school teacher has been charged with sexual assault after a 14-year-old girl accused him of having sex with her.
KDFW-TV reports that Scott Paul Alcaraz is facing two counts of sexual assault. If convicted, he faces up to 20 years in prison.
Authorities say the girl has accused the 26-year-old former math teacher and assistant basketball coach of having sex with her in a classroom at Thomas C. Marsh Middle School.
The Dallas school district fired Alcaraz on Monday after his arrest last week.
Alcaraz is free on a $50,000 bond. Court records did not list an attorney for him.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 11 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects