Fired teacher accused of having sex with student
DALLAS, TX -- A former Dallas middle school teacher has been charged with sexual assault after a 14-year-old girl accused him of having sex with her.
KDFW-TV reports that Scott Paul Alcaraz is facing two counts of sexual assault. If convicted, he faces up to 20 years in prison.
Authorities say the girl has accused the 26-year-old former math teacher and assistant basketball coach of having sex with her in a classroom at Thomas C. Marsh Middle School.
The Dallas school district fired Alcaraz on Monday after his arrest last week.
Alcaraz is free on a $50,000 bond. Court records did not list an attorney for him.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer