New Kaufman County DA sworn in, 2 held in killings
KAUFMAN, TX -- A North Texas county where two prosecutors were fatally shot has a new district attorney as two suspects in the killings remain in custody.
Erleigh Norville Wiley was sworn in Monday afternoon to succeed slain Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland.
The bodies of McLelland and his wife, Cynthia, were found March 30 in their home. An assistant district attorney, Mark Hasse, was gunned down Jan. 31.
Wiley grew up in Kaufman. She was a prosecutor in Dallas County and court-at-law judge before being approved by the Texas Senate to replace McLelland.
Ex-Justice of the Peace Eric Williams and his wife, Kim, are being held on capital murder charges. Eric Williams was convicted last year of theft and burglary for stealing county computer monitors. He was sentenced to probation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years 25 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- How to lose the last 10 pounds
- Man killed while trying to cross North Freeway
- Missing stop sign blamed for accident in Montgomery Co.
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos