15 hurt in Texas escalator accident
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- Fifteen people were injured, 10 of them hospitalized, when an escalator packed with people at San Antonio's convention center malfunctioned and jerked to a stop, causing a tumble of bodies down the steps.
The incident happened about 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, where a Dish Network convention was taking place. Convention Center spokeswoman Andrea DeLaune said one of those hurt had possibly life-threatening injuries, while five declined hospital treatment.
She said it's not yet clear what caused the malfunction.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft 55 min ago
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS 32 min ago
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class 29 min ago
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating' 6 min ago
- Driver charged after turning to cosmetic for revenge 15 min ago
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- Motorcyclist dies after colliding with car
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- Are more Doritos-flavored foods on the way?
- Astrodome to be considered historic landmark
- Woman jailed over nasty note in lipstick
33 min ago