15 hurt in Texas escalator accident
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- Fifteen people were injured, 10 of them hospitalized, when an escalator packed with people at San Antonio's convention center malfunctioned and jerked to a stop, causing a tumble of bodies down the steps.
The incident happened about 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, where a Dish Network convention was taking place. Convention Center spokeswoman Andrea DeLaune said one of those hurt had possibly life-threatening injuries, while five declined hospital treatment.
She said it's not yet clear what caused the malfunction.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women 43 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends! 47 min ago
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared