15 hurt in Texas escalator accident
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- Fifteen people were injured, 10 of them hospitalized, when an escalator packed with people at San Antonio's convention center malfunctioned and jerked to a stop, causing a tumble of bodies down the steps.
The incident happened about 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, where a Dish Network convention was taking place. Convention Center spokeswoman Andrea DeLaune said one of those hurt had possibly life-threatening injuries, while five declined hospital treatment.
She said it's not yet clear what caused the malfunction.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 44 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 10 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 12 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter 11 min ago
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug