Texas search team to help after Oklahoma twister
raw video: Massive tornado in Oklahoma caught on video
raw video: Damage from Oklahoma City tornado
raw video: Fire erupts after Oklahoma City tornado
MOORE, OK -- Members of an elite search and rescue team from Texas have been dispatched to Oklahoma to help with recovery following a deadly tornado.
Gov. Rick Perry on Monday night announced activation of Texas Task Force 1 (one). The emergency response came after a massive twister Monday afternoon in the Moore, Okla., area left several dozen people dead.
The Texas rescue group includes about 70 first responders who specialize in victim extraction and medical treatment. The team also includes search and rescue dogs, hazardous material specialists and structural engineers.
Members of Texas Task Force 1 last month deployed to the town of West after a fertilizer plant explosion that's claimed 15 lives.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
oklahoma, kansas, state
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale