Tax break weekend in Texas for Energy Star items
AUSTIN, TX -- Texas shoppers can get a tax break this Memorial Day holiday weekend when buying certain power-saving appliances.
. The state comptroller's office says the Energy Star sales tax holiday begins Saturday and runs through Monday. Qualifying products display the Energy Star logo.
Sales tax breaks are available for items including refrigerators priced at $2,000 or less, ceiling fans, air conditioners costing $6,000 or less, dishwashers and dehumidifiers. Other products are also eligible.
State officials say the tax-free holiday also applies to Internet and catalog sales of certain power-saving appliances. Some restrictions apply.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Push-up jeans promise bigger booty
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos