Tax break weekend in Texas for Energy Star items
AUSTIN, TX -- Texas shoppers can get a tax break this Memorial Day holiday weekend when buying certain power-saving appliances.
. The state comptroller's office says the Energy Star sales tax holiday begins Saturday and runs through Monday. Qualifying products display the Energy Star logo.
Sales tax breaks are available for items including refrigerators priced at $2,000 or less, ceiling fans, air conditioners costing $6,000 or less, dishwashers and dehumidifiers. Other products are also eligible.
State officials say the tax-free holiday also applies to Internet and catalog sales of certain power-saving appliances. Some restrictions apply.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston 4 min ago
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash 23 min ago
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Captain of S. Korea ferry among first to escape
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's featured... 55 min ago
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Police: Fight over woman ends in fatal stabbing
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green