Tax break weekend in Texas for Energy Star items
AUSTIN, TX -- Texas shoppers can get a tax break this Memorial Day holiday weekend when buying certain power-saving appliances.
. The state comptroller's office says the Energy Star sales tax holiday begins Saturday and runs through Monday. Qualifying products display the Energy Star logo.
Sales tax breaks are available for items including refrigerators priced at $2,000 or less, ceiling fans, air conditioners costing $6,000 or less, dishwashers and dehumidifiers. Other products are also eligible.
State officials say the tax-free holiday also applies to Internet and catalog sales of certain power-saving appliances. Some restrictions apply.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- River Oaks residents fighting to stop office building 25 min ago
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Rice U police officers cleared of wrongdoing in man's arrest 26 min ago
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- NJ honor student who sued parents returns home 31 min ago
- Nutrition and supplement maker Herbalife facing FTC intquiry 31 min ago