DPS: 3 die in fiery head-on wreck near Lovelady
LOVELADY, TX -- Investigators say a fiery head-on traffic accident in East Texas has left three people dead.
The Department of Public Safety says positive identification was pending Thursday on two victims of the accident just south of Lovelady. Trooper Heith (heath) White identified the third victim of Wednesday morning's crash as 59-year-old Deirdre Lester of Lovelady.
White says a male driver and a female passenger were northbound on State Highway 19 when their vehicle crossed the center line and hit a car driven by Lester. DPS says all three victims were dead at the scene.
Lovelady is 90 miles north of Houston.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Officer-involved shooting under investigation 4 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault
- Smash-and-grab suspects lead police on chase
- Photos: 7 big brands that are struggling
- Dead body found in pickup in Richmond 7 min ago
- Third person dies following SXSW accident 9 min ago
- Armed suspect shot, killed by officer in Baytown 18 min ago
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
- Mobile home fire claims life of one person in NE Houston
- Study to test 'chocolate' pills for heart health
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Malaysia: Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last word
- Indianapolis Colts owner arrested for DWI
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
29 min ago