Worker killed in West Texas drilling rig collapse
BIG SPRING, TX -- A West Texas oilfield worker has been killed when part of a drilling rig collapsed.
The Howard County Sheriff's Office identifies the man as 40-year-old Felipe Saiz of Big Spring. Investigators say the victim was dead at the scene near Big Spring.
Sheriff Stan Parker says Wednesday's accident involved a rig owned by Heartland Drilling of Abilene.
Parker says a second man was transported to a hospital following the accident for unrelated injuries. Further details on that person weren't immediately released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Former Houstonian in iconic WWII photo dies
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'
- Judge bans gang members from East Aldine Safety Zone
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's Friday fugitives?
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!