Worker killed in West Texas drilling rig collapse
BIG SPRING, TX -- A West Texas oilfield worker has been killed when part of a drilling rig collapsed.
The Howard County Sheriff's Office identifies the man as 40-year-old Felipe Saiz of Big Spring. Investigators say the victim was dead at the scene near Big Spring.
Sheriff Stan Parker says Wednesday's accident involved a rig owned by Heartland Drilling of Abilene.
Parker says a second man was transported to a hospital following the accident for unrelated injuries. Further details on that person weren't immediately released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore'
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Bledsoe leads Suns to 97-88 win over Rockets
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle