Worker killed in West Texas drilling rig collapse
BIG SPRING, TX -- A West Texas oilfield worker has been killed when part of a drilling rig collapsed.
The Howard County Sheriff's Office identifies the man as 40-year-old Felipe Saiz of Big Spring. Investigators say the victim was dead at the scene near Big Spring.
Sheriff Stan Parker says Wednesday's accident involved a rig owned by Heartland Drilling of Abilene.
Parker says a second man was transported to a hospital following the accident for unrelated injuries. Further details on that person weren't immediately released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- College student from Baytown fatally shot 41 min ago
- Kubiak era ends in Houston 38 min ago
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package 31 min ago
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen 55 min ago
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo