Worker killed in West Texas drilling rig collapse
BIG SPRING, TX -- A West Texas oilfield worker has been killed when part of a drilling rig collapsed.
The Howard County Sheriff's Office identifies the man as 40-year-old Felipe Saiz of Big Spring. Investigators say the victim was dead at the scene near Big Spring.
Sheriff Stan Parker says Wednesday's accident involved a rig owned by Heartland Drilling of Abilene.
Parker says a second man was transported to a hospital following the accident for unrelated injuries. Further details on that person weren't immediately released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'