Autopsy set for Texas man found in waters off Florida
PANAMA CITY BEACH, FL -- A Texas man has died after being pulled from the Gulf of Mexico off the Florida Panhandle.
The News Herald reports that bystanders pulled 74-year-old Phil Norris Long of Richardson, Texas, from the waters off Panama City Beach on Tuesday afternoon. They attempted to revive Long until police and medical personnel arrived.
Authorities say Long was pronounced dead at a hospital. An autopsy will be performed to determine the cause of death.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
texas, florida, state
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Help the TSU band get to Canton with Michael Strahan