South Texas dermatologist gets probation in sex assault
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- A South Texas dermatologist convicted of sexually assaulting a female patient has been sentenced to 10 years of probation.
Jurors in San Antonio on Tuesday decided the penalty for 61-year-old Dr. Calvin Day. A judge also ordered Day to serve six months of house arrest, pay a $10,000 fine and register as a sex offender.
Day was convicted June 17 of assaulting the patient in August 2010 when she stopped at his office on a Sunday for a follow-up after a Botox treatment. The woman says Day kissed and groped her.
Prosecutors had sought 20 years in prison for Day, who had no previous felony convictions. His medical license was suspended amid the investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Do you know this fake cop rapist? 9 min ago
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels 41 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink 22 min ago
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects 58 min ago
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Former detention officer charged with official oppresssion 5 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat