Boy's body found in yard of empty Fort Worth house
FORT WORTH, TX -- Authorities in North Texas say a 13-year-old accused of hitting a 5-year-old boy in the head multiple times faces a capital murder charge.
Fort Worth police say the teen was arrested Thursday in the death of Sida Osman. The teen's name is being withheld because he's a juvenile.
His case is in the juvenile court system. It's unclear if prosecutors will seek to have him tried as an adult.
Police say the youngster's body was discovered Wednesday afternoon, a day after he was reported missing by his family.
Sida's body was found in the backyard of a vacant house about a block from the apartments where he lived.
Fort Worth police say the two had gone to the yard and the teen was irritated with Sida.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident