Central Texas woman charged with husband's death
A Central Texas woman has been charged with murder after calling authorities to say she shot her husband.
The Burnet County sheriff's office said 42-year-old Karra Trichele Allen called Monday night to say she had shot her husband, 38-year-old Brian Dean Allen. She remained in jail Wednesday on $500,000 bond. Jail records had no attorney listed for her.
According to an arrest warrant, she said she and her husband were at their home near Bertram, located about 40 miles northwest of Austin, when they argued and she killed him.
Brian Allen's father, Rick Allen, a former Burnet County sheriff's chief deputy, tells the Austin American-Statesman he "had no idea" what the argument was about. He says his son, who owned a construction company, was successful, generous and hardworking.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident