Bees sting man more than 100 times, turn on others
FORT WORTH, TX -- A swarm of bees occupying a dilapidated North Texas building has attacked several people, stinging one man more than 100 times before turning on responding emergency personnel.
The man and a paramedic were hospitalized Sunday afternoon following the attack in Fort Worth. Firefighters and paramedics had responded after receiving a call about an allergic reaction.
Four firefighters were stung along with a second paramedic. The condition of the man stung more than 100 times was not known Monday.
Authorities say it's not clear what provoked the bees to attack. The owner of the property called a professional beekeeper to remove the bees.
Dallas station WFAA-TV reports that North Texas beekeepers field about 100 calls a day to remove hives.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Woman found dead inside burned out home 53 min ago
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force 56 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child
- Swimmer nabs monster lobster with bare hands
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Sales brisk for tonight's $425M Mega Millions game
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- Police: 2 people killed after Utah rock slide
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
36 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos