Nobody hurt in South Texas drilling rig fire
SHINER, TX -- Nobody has been hurt in a fiery drilling rig accident in rural South Texas and efforts continue to put out the blaze.
The Lavaca County Sheriff's Office says the accident happened Wednesday night between Shiner and Yoakum. The area is about 80 miles east of San Antonio.
A spokeswoman for the operator, Houston-based EOG Resources, Inc., says the fire continued to burn Thursday. K Leonard described the accident as a "well control incident" and authorities are trying to determine what sparked the blaze.
Leonard says all personnel have been accounted for. She didn't have specifics on how many workers were at the site when the fire started.
The Houston-based firefighting company Wild Well Control will assist in the response.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 41 min ago
- Suspects posing as officers break into home
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Man shot while behind the wheel in SE Houston
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Friends prank guy into thinking he's been...
17 min ago