Nobody hurt in South Texas drilling rig fire
SHINER, TX -- Nobody has been hurt in a fiery drilling rig accident in rural South Texas and efforts continue to put out the blaze.
The Lavaca County Sheriff's Office says the accident happened Wednesday night between Shiner and Yoakum. The area is about 80 miles east of San Antonio.
A spokeswoman for the operator, Houston-based EOG Resources, Inc., says the fire continued to burn Thursday. K Leonard described the accident as a "well control incident" and authorities are trying to determine what sparked the blaze.
Leonard says all personnel have been accounted for. She didn't have specifics on how many workers were at the site when the fire started.
The Houston-based firefighting company Wild Well Control will assist in the response.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged 23 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home 16 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal