Three dead after 2-vehicle crash in Hill Country
DRIPPING SPRINGS, TX -- Three people were killed and one was injured critically when the pickup truck in which they were riding slammed into a car at a Hill Country intersection near Austin.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says the crash happened about 1:30 p.m. Friday On U.S. 290, six miles east of Dripping Springs and 17 miles west of Austin.
DPS Trooper Robbie Barrera says a traffic light had turned yellow when the westbound car tried a left turn onto a side street. The car pulled in front of the eastbound pickup towing sacks of cement.
The truck slammed into the right front of the car. The driver of the truck was critically injured but all three of his passengers were killed. The two occupants of the car suffered minor injuries.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Severe weather possible across Houston area
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 22 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking 52 min ago
- Ice pellets and snow frustrate holiday travel rush 10 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?