Three dead after 2-vehicle crash in Hill Country
DRIPPING SPRINGS, TX -- Three people were killed and one was injured critically when the pickup truck in which they were riding slammed into a car at a Hill Country intersection near Austin.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says the crash happened about 1:30 p.m. Friday On U.S. 290, six miles east of Dripping Springs and 17 miles west of Austin.
DPS Trooper Robbie Barrera says a traffic light had turned yellow when the westbound car tried a left turn onto a side street. The car pulled in front of the eastbound pickup towing sacks of cement.
The truck slammed into the right front of the car. The driver of the truck was critically injured but all three of his passengers were killed. The two occupants of the car suffered minor injuries.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038 55 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse 39 min ago
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared 36 min ago
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box 17 min ago
- Two charged in death of North Texas student
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Big quake strikes off N. California, no tsunami threat
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida