Ohio man pleads guilty to soliciting Texas girl
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX -- Prosecutors say a 23-year-old man has pleaded guilty in South Texas to traveling from his Ohio home to have sex with a young girl he enticed over the Internet.
Harley Michael Peterson of Toledo, Ohio, admitted his guilt Monday in federal court in Corpus Christi to online solicitation of a child.
Prosecutors say Peterson communicated with the 15-year-old over a five-month period in 2012. The two eventually began to speak by phone and in August 2012 Peterson traveled to Corpus Christi. The girl's family reported that she had run away and by monitoring her online posts police were able to track her, leading them to Peterson.
His sentencing is scheduled for Dec. 16 and he faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years in prison. He remains in custody.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust 2 min ago
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 21 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course