North Texas gang member gets 99 years for slaying
FORT WORTH, TX -- A North Texas man has been sentenced to 99 years in prison for killing a woman and leaving seven people hurt in gang-related gunfire during a 2011 party.
A jury in Fort Worth found 22-year-old Jacob Cordero guilty of murder, engaging in organized criminal activity and aggravated assault. Investigators say Cordero, who was sentenced Monday, used an assault rifle in the shootings.
Prosecutors say Cordero belonged to a gang and the Oct. 23, 2011, attack during a party at a house was revenge for a fight a day earlier. The gunfire killed 21-year-old Christina Davila.
Parts of the rifle were later found in a lake.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore' 24 min ago
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night 29 min ago
- Bicyclist killed in Montrose-area hit-and-run 19 min ago
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck 8 min ago
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters 48 min ago
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle
- Ohio murder suspect nabbed at Houston buffet restaurant
- Thief steals man's pants and shoots him
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations