North Texas gang member gets 99 years for slaying
FORT WORTH, TX -- A North Texas man has been sentenced to 99 years in prison for killing a woman and leaving seven people hurt in gang-related gunfire during a 2011 party.
A jury in Fort Worth found 22-year-old Jacob Cordero guilty of murder, engaging in organized criminal activity and aggravated assault. Investigators say Cordero, who was sentenced Monday, used an assault rifle in the shootings.
Prosecutors say Cordero belonged to a gang and the Oct. 23, 2011, attack during a party at a house was revenge for a fight a day earlier. The gunfire killed 21-year-old Christina Davila.
Parts of the rifle were later found in a lake.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Information on price tags decoded 40 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in north Houston 20 min ago
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 50 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse