Officials ID body found along East Texas road
LUFKIN, TX -- Officials have identified a body found along an East Texas road as a 59-year-old Lufkin woman in a death being investigated as a homicide.
The Angelina County Sheriff's Office on Monday night announced the victim was Vanessa Machelle Hamdan.
A motorist on Sunday afternoon contacted authorities to report a body was along a road north of Lufkin, near the town of Pollok. Investigators had to use fingerprints and driver's license records to identify Hamdan, whose had facial damage.
An autopsy found Hamdan died of blunt force trauma. Investigators are trying to determine a manner of death.
Authorities did not immediately announce any arrests in the investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns