Officials ID body found along East Texas road
LUFKIN, TX -- Officials have identified a body found along an East Texas road as a 59-year-old Lufkin woman in a death being investigated as a homicide.
The Angelina County Sheriff's Office on Monday night announced the victim was Vanessa Machelle Hamdan.
A motorist on Sunday afternoon contacted authorities to report a body was along a road north of Lufkin, near the town of Pollok. Investigators had to use fingerprints and driver's license records to identify Hamdan, whose had facial damage.
An autopsy found Hamdan died of blunt force trauma. Investigators are trying to determine a manner of death.
Authorities did not immediately announce any arrests in the investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home 5 min ago
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 42 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in 8 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County 30 min ago
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
56 min ago
- Blind man, dog rescued from NYC subway track
49 min ago