Officials ID body found along East Texas road
LUFKIN, TX -- Officials have identified a body found along an East Texas road as a 59-year-old Lufkin woman in a death being investigated as a homicide.
The Angelina County Sheriff's Office on Monday night announced the victim was Vanessa Machelle Hamdan.
A motorist on Sunday afternoon contacted authorities to report a body was along a road north of Lufkin, near the town of Pollok. Investigators had to use fingerprints and driver's license records to identify Hamdan, whose had facial damage.
An autopsy found Hamdan died of blunt force trauma. Investigators are trying to determine a manner of death.
Authorities did not immediately announce any arrests in the investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston