Stolen bulldog puppy reunited with familiy
ALRINGTON, TX -- Arlington police have reunited a family with the puppy stolen from their home in a burglary more than four months ago.
The family and the English bulldog named Maggie were reunited last week. Scott Hancock told the Fort Worth Star-TelegramTuesday that Maggie's return home has gone well.
Arlington police say they were surprised to find Maggie still with the suspect, who was arrested after an officer recognized his vehicle from previous burglary reports and made a traffic stop. During the stop, they found two stolen iPads, including one traced to the Hancock family.
Officers searching the suspect's apartment that night recovered stolen weapons, televisions, computers, jewelry, coins and Maggie.
Detective Julia Vecchioni says, "Usually when dogs are taken, it's very rare you are able to locate them again."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 33 min ago
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man 54 min ago
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Drunk man demanded bed to sleep
- Woman found living with dead spouse for month
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school 24 min ago
- 'We are burying a body,' suspects tell police