Tattooed Jesus on Texas billboard sparks controversy
LUBBOCK, TX (KTRK) -- Some billboards in Lubbock are causing quite a stir. That's because of their unconventional image of Jesus.
At least 59 billboards have popped up showing a tattooed Jesus and a website. The group behind the billboards says it's all part of a campaign to bring the message of Jesus' love to everyone.
"People find out they have scares and things from their past that they haven't let go of and it's kind of cool that Christ says he will take that from us," said Jesus tattoo volunteer Jay Corner. "So through tattoos in that kind of way we use that imagery to show that."
The group says there is controversy with Jesus so it seemed only fitting to grab people's attention with a little bit of controversy. The billboards are all a mark of a 30-day campaign and the group hopes it sparks an even larger movement.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Rockets road to the Finals begins tonight 34 min ago
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident 14 min ago
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians