Tattooed Jesus on Texas billboard sparks controversy
LUBBOCK, TX (KTRK) -- Some billboards in Lubbock are causing quite a stir. That's because of their unconventional image of Jesus.
At least 59 billboards have popped up showing a tattooed Jesus and a website. The group behind the billboards says it's all part of a campaign to bring the message of Jesus' love to everyone.
"People find out they have scares and things from their past that they haven't let go of and it's kind of cool that Christ says he will take that from us," said Jesus tattoo volunteer Jay Corner. "So through tattoos in that kind of way we use that imagery to show that."
The group says there is controversy with Jesus so it seemed only fitting to grab people's attention with a little bit of controversy. The billboards are all a mark of a 30-day campaign and the group hopes it sparks an even larger movement.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 5 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in 7 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison 40 min ago
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- Teen girl charged in fight caught on video 5 min ago
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store
- Testimony continues in baby death trial 55 min ago
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- No charges for FSU QB accused of rape
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Travis Herzog's chilly forecast
31 min ago