Tattooed Jesus on Texas billboard sparks controversy
LUBBOCK, TX (KTRK) -- Some billboards in Lubbock are causing quite a stir. That's because of their unconventional image of Jesus.
At least 59 billboards have popped up showing a tattooed Jesus and a website. The group behind the billboards says it's all part of a campaign to bring the message of Jesus' love to everyone.
"People find out they have scares and things from their past that they haven't let go of and it's kind of cool that Christ says he will take that from us," said Jesus tattoo volunteer Jay Corner. "So through tattoos in that kind of way we use that imagery to show that."
The group says there is controversy with Jesus so it seemed only fitting to grab people's attention with a little bit of controversy. The billboards are all a mark of a 30-day campaign and the group hopes it sparks an even larger movement.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale