AUSTIN, TX -- A judge being sued by an advocacy group for ordering a 15-year-old girl to be returned to a home with her grandmother and a registered sex-offender says the allegations against him are false.
Retired state District Judge Terry Flenniken declined to comment when the suit was filed Wednesday by the Texas Center For Defense of Life.
But in a statement Friday he wrote: "my record speaks for itself and reflects the highest degree of concern for the protection of children."
The suit alleges that last year, Flenniken knowingly placed the minor with her legal guardian and former step grandmother, despite her living with the sex offender in Caldwell, east of Austin.
Months later, the sex offender, Edward Clinton Lee, shot and killed the guardian and sexually assaulted the teen.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
texas, state
- Case Keenum to start against Kansas City 4 min ago
- Police: Four men break in to rape, steal 10 min ago
- Obama says shutdown damaged US economy
- JSC workers head back to work
- Debris on Highway 290 causes chain reaction accident
- Aunt accused in bizarre abuse case
- Husband charged in wife's death months after attack
- House stenographer removed from chamber after outburst
- Jesus-loving comedian doesn't want to shock audiences
- Paddleboarder's video captures close encounter with shark
- 3 sisters wed on same day so dying mom can attend
- abcnews: New restaurant offers a bum deal
- otrc: Zac Efron's naked film scene
- Video: Kangaroo hops into Australian airport
abc13.com News Links
-
Most Popular
-
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc13.com home
- Site Map
- RSS
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help
- ABC.com
- ABCNews.com
- Privacy Policy
- Interest-Based Ads
- Safety Information for this site
- Terms of Use
- Copyright ©2013 ABC Inc., KTRK-TV/DT Houston, TX. All Rights Reserved.

