North Texas youth football league stops awarding participation trophies
A North Texas Youth Football League is making students work for a trophy.
The Keller Youth Association will no longer be giving out participation trophies. Starting next spring players, as young as 5 years old, will only receive a trophy only if they are league champions.
Some parents say it's not about what's on the scoreboard, it's about rewarding hard work. Others say it's teaching students a good life lesson. You have to work hard for what you get.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident 13 min ago
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 45 min ago
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested 59 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County 7 min ago
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes 9 min ago
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties 43 min ago
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Bakery owner turned hobby into successful...
33 min ago