North Texas youth football league stops awarding participation trophies
A North Texas Youth Football League is making students work for a trophy.
The Keller Youth Association will no longer be giving out participation trophies. Starting next spring players, as young as 5 years old, will only receive a trophy only if they are league champions.
Some parents say it's not about what's on the scoreboard, it's about rewarding hard work. Others say it's teaching students a good life lesson. You have to work hard for what you get.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck 1 min ago
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Motorcycle chase ends in fiery crash with patrol vehicle 8 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday! 18 min ago
- Avoid baggage fees with these packing tips 24 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake