San Antonio mom allegedly hurt son, then glued genitals
SAN ANTONIO -- A South Texas woman has been accused of ripping her 6-year-old son's genitals during a rage and trying to repair the wound with glue.
An FBI complaint charges 34-year-old Jennifer Marie Vargas of San Antonio with assault within maritime and territorial jurisdiction resulting in serious bodily injury. Vargas, who was arrested Wednesday, remains in custody pending a bail hearing Monday in federal court in San Antonio.
The boy's father is in the Army. The incident happened Sept. 27 at the family's home at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston.
Prosecutors say the father returned home from work, found his injured son and took him to a military hospital. The boy, who's recovering from a lacerated scrotum and bruising, remains with his father.
Authorities are investigating why the mother was angry.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale