5 killed in North Texas slayings, suspect arrested
TERRELL, TX -- Investigators now say the man accused of a bloody rampage in a small North Texas town that left five people dead, including his mother, hoped to kill two others.
A Terrell police affidavit says Charles Everett Brownlow Jr. killed five of seven that he had hoped to kill before his arrest early Tuesday.
The 36-year-old suspect was arraigned Wednesday on capital murder and evading arrest charges in the death 22-year-old convenience store clerk Luis Leal (lay-AL'). He's in the Kaufman County Jail in Kaufman without bond. Terrell Police Chief Jody Lay says other charges are pending.
The affidavit says Brownlow stole beer from the store after shooting Leal.
Also killed Monday night were Brownlow's mother, Mary Brownlow; his aunt, Belinda Walker; and associates Jason Michael Wooden and Kelleye Lynnette Sluder.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Rockets road to the Finals begins tonight 3 min ago
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident 7 min ago
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners 49 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians