Burglar picks wrong target: Prosecutor's house
WACO, TX -- Nine hours after his release from prison, Jonique Ramon Webster was back in custody again for trying to burglarize a Central Texas prosecutor's home.
Webster was given 40 years in prison Thursday for the June incident.
The Waco Tribune-Herald reported that Webster had just gotten off the bus in Waco after his release from state prison on a 10-year sentence for home burglary. According to court records, Webster was wandering around the city and picked the home of Gabrielle Massey, a McLennan County prosecutor.
A neighbor who felt uncomfortable called police, who caught Webster with $20 in cash, car and house keys, a TiVo remote and a bicycle.
He later pleaded guilty.
Webster has several prior convictions on his record and won't be eligible for parole for 10 years.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare 30 min ago
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring 53 min ago
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old
- Last words from missing jet came after shutdown 32 min ago
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Rockets fall to Heat for third straight loss
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- HISD expanding dual language program
- 5TH WARD REVITAL
43 min ago