Family demands justice for man found dead in Sabine County
BEAUMONT, TX (KTRK) -- A family is demanding justice for a loved one whose body was found in Sabine County.
Relatives of Alfred Wright joined community activists Saturday for a protest in Beaumont.
Wright was reported missing in November and a family search party found his body in a wooded area three weeks later.
According to the autopsy, Wright died of an accidental drug overdose.
But his mother doesn't believe that.
"The lord says he giveth and he taketh away," she said. "But I just want you to know that I know that the Lord didn't have nothing to do with this. This was done by an evil hand, and I want justice for my son."
Protesters said they believe the sheriff's office mishandled the investigation and want the FBI to get involved.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 35 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter! 32 min ago
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck