Federal border officer arrested in shooting
McALLEN, TX -- A U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer has been charged with attempted murder arising from a domestic dispute.
McAllen police Lt. Joel Morales says Randal Wayne Sutterfield was arraigned before a McAllen municipal court judge Friday evening. Morales says the 41-year-old CBP agricultural specialist remains jailed with bond set at $750,000 after the shooting early Friday of Sutterfield's girlfriend's brother.
The shooting victim was hospitalized in stable condition with a head wound.
Morales says the officer fled the scene but was captured at a CBP checkpoint in Falfurrias.
A CBP statement says Sutterfield has been removed from active duty.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman 26 min ago
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school 21 min ago
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested