Texas store owner donating kidney to customer
TROY, TX (KTRK) -- A store owner in central Texas is giving one of his customers a second chance at life.
Terry Keys was diagnosed with kidney failure in November 2011. He currently undergoes dialysis and needs a kidney transplant to avoid any further health complications, CNN reports.
His family recently passed fliers around their town of Troy to raise money for his treatment.
Local store owner Jimmy Ashby was moved by Terry's story and decided to secretly undergo testing to see if he would be a good match for a transplant.
Last week, he gave Terry the good news.
If everything goes according to plan, the transplant could happen by the beginning of April.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case 13 min ago
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent 44 min ago
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez 14 min ago
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old 22 min ago
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop 32 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 3 min ago
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Taking Rodeo fun to the extreme
28 min ago