SeaWorld dolphin bites 9-year-old girl in San Antonio, prompts PETA probe request
The animal-rights group People for Ethical Treatment of Animals has asked the US Department of Agriculture to investigate a report of a dolphin biting a park-goer at SeaWorld of San Antonio, Texas.
PETA said in its request that a 9-year-old girl was bitten by a dolphin on February 22 while she was trying to pet it. SeaWorld's Dolphin Cove exhibit allows visitors to touch and view the dolphins.
Read the full story at ABCNews.com.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Police: 2 dead after car crashes into crowd in Austin 20 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 6 people dead 48 min ago
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- Police: Man tried to run over triple amputee in N. Houston
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry 28 min ago
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves 6 min ago
- Man in reported stolen car leads police on short chase 11 min ago
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys 40 min ago
- Authorities investigating second auto-pedestrian in NW Harris...
- George Zimmerman's parents suing Roseanne Barr