LivingSocial launching exclusive food events
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- Online deals site LivingSocial is launching an invitation-only service aimed at food fans, offering experiences such as a visit to a sustainable farm or a meal served in a restaurant's kitchen.
LivingSocial Gourmet's events will be more expensive -- and less common -- than the food-related deals currently available on LivingSocial. There, you might pay $20 to get a voucher good for $40 worth of food at a local pizzeria. The Gourmet deals will be with fine-dining restaurants and other businesses in the food industry and will range from around $100 to $200 per person. The service will also offer group packages.
The service will be available first to select LivingSocial members in Washington, D.C. LivingSocial hopes to offer it in other 10 cities by the end of the year.
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor 14 min ago
- Teen reunites with family after found safe
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident 58 min ago
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide 24 min ago
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green 5 min ago
- Most insane job interview ever
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap 48 min ago
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- German Shepherd called to jury duty in New Jersey
- Travis Herzog's Thursday weather forecast
33 min ago