Google unveils new HP laptop for $279
NEW YORK -- Google is introducing a new, cheap laptop based on its Chrome operating system.
Hewlett Packard Co. is making the new HP Chromebook 11. It starts selling Tuesday for $279.
Unlike Windows and Mac laptops, Chromebooks rely heavily on having a continuous Internet connection to run Google and other online services.
Many apps don't run directly on the device but over the Internet.The price of the Chromebook 11 is in line with most other Chromebooks using Chrome OS, but the new model sports many design features that are usually found on pricier devices.
The laptop has plastic frame with no sharp edges or corners. Its display is 11.6-inches measured diagonally, and it weighs less than 2 pounds.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
google, technology news
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS 45 min ago
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- No jail for teen whose lawyers argued 'affluenza'
- Two of 3 suspected burglars caught in the act
- Dead leopard, other swag snagged at mansion party
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Restaurant robbery attempt foiled by quick-thinking worker
- Exxon Mobil building evacuated due to fire on roof
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations