Google unveils new HP laptop for $279
NEW YORK -- Google is introducing a new, cheap laptop based on its Chrome operating system.
Hewlett Packard Co. is making the new HP Chromebook 11. It starts selling Tuesday for $279.
Unlike Windows and Mac laptops, Chromebooks rely heavily on having a continuous Internet connection to run Google and other online services.
Many apps don't run directly on the device but over the Internet.The price of the Chromebook 11 is in line with most other Chromebooks using Chrome OS, but the new model sports many design features that are usually found on pricier devices.
The laptop has plastic frame with no sharp edges or corners. Its display is 11.6-inches measured diagonally, and it weighs less than 2 pounds.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
google, technology news
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 26 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- River Oaks residents fighting to stop office building 22 min ago
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Rice U police officers cleared of wrongdoing in man's arrest
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Woman charged after allegedly kicking son in Walmart 39 min ago
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- NJ honor student who sued parents returns home