Apple security: Update your Mac immediately
If you own an Apple computer, be sure to download the latest operating system update.
Over the weekend, Apple patched a security flaw on mobile devices, like the iPhone, that allowed hackers to see any data you sent over a secured connection. It now has a fix for its' desktop and laptop computers, too.
The company released an update for the Mac OS X operating system, which runs Apple laptop and desktop computers. Tech experts recommend not using Safari on Mac computers and using Chrome or Firefox until you download the OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 Update.
This is said to fix the issue, which could let a hacker see any password or financial information you send when you're supposedly on a secure site.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat